Matthew Perry’s tragic death was not the result of a fentanyl or meth overdose, initial tests show, according to reports.
The beloved actor, who was propelled to global stardom after landing a role on “Friends,” died Saturday of an apparent drowning incident at his California home. He was 54.
Law enforcement sources told TMZ that investigators ran a less-in-depth test on the actor that revealed he did not have fentanyl or meth in his system at the time of his death.
More in-depth tests are currently being conducted as part of the toxicology, which can take months to establish an official cause of death.
Additionally, a cause of death was “deferred.”
The Post has contacted the Los Angeles Police Department for comment.
Sources told the outlet that prescription medications were found at the property, and will be part of the review, which is common practice.
The Post confirmed that officials received a phone call reporting that the late actor was in his hot tub and not breathing.
The caller’s identity has not been revealed by authorities, though TMZ reported it was Perry’s assistant, who made the call after returning to the home.
LAPD Capt. Scot Williams, who leads the Robbery Homicide Division, said Sunday that the “cause of death may not be known for some time, but at this point, foul play is not suspected.”
This article is a repost by the NY Post: Matthew Perry did not have meth, fentanyl in his system at the time of death: report
Get the news you need at It’s On News.