Pat Sajak sent tremors through the television world when he announced he would be leaving “Wheel of Fortune” after the upcoming 41st season.
Wheel Of Fortune Host To Retire
“Wheel of Fortune” host Pat Sajak said Monday that he’s leaving the show after its 41st season, which begins in September.
Sajak took on hosting duties of Wheel of Fortune in 1981 alongside White, after replacing Chuck Woolery who hosted the game show from its debut in 1975.
Wheel of Fortune has become a daytime television staple since even winning Sajak Daytime Emmy Awards for Outstanding Game Show Host in 1993, 1997, and 1998.
Suzanne Prete, executive vice president of game shows for Sony Pictures Television, said in a statement that Sajak would continue working with the team as a consultant for three years following his last year as host.
Sajak Receives Warm Comments About His Departure
“As the host of Wheel of Fortune, Pat has entertained millions of viewers across America for 40 amazing years. We are incredibly grateful and proud to have had Pat as our host for all these years, and we look forward to celebrating his outstanding career throughout the upcoming season,” Suzanne Prete said.
Vanna White, his co-host, said this about his departure:
“When we started @WheelofFortune who could have imagined we’d still be at it 41 seasons later? I couldn’t be happier to have shared the stage with you for all these years with one more to come. Cheers to you, @patsajak!”
Who Will Take His Place?
Once Sajak announced his retirement, fans immediately began trying to solve the puzzle of who would replace their favorite game show host.
It’s currently unclear who will take over his spot, but Internet chatter has suggested his daughter, who currently works as the social media correspondent for the show, could fill his shoes.
Meanwhile, all eyes turned to Ryan Seacrest, whose schedule recently became a little more available after he stepped down from co-hosting “Live! with Kelly and Ryan” in April.
Get the news you need at It’s On News.