Husky Hero Saved His Neighborhood After Detecting Gas Leak

By Vera Faye Jan 24, 2024 #Dog #Gas Leak #Good Job

A dog in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, is being rewarded as a hero for preventing what could have been an explosive situation.

Hero Dog To The Rescue!

Kobe is getting extra “good boy” compliments after saving his neighborhood from a potentially explosive gas leak.

According to SWNS, the 4-year-old husky recently started digging a large hole in the front yard of his Philadelphia home.

Then, a week later, he started digging in the same place.

As the hole grew bigger, Kobe’s owner, Chanell Bell, grew more concerned the dog was trying to tell her something.

“I trust his judgment because that isn’t his typical behavior, and he is usually right,” Bell told SWNS. “He has great senses, and he never digs holes unless he is helping me dig.”

Bell checked out the hole with a gas detection device, which began to beep, and realized Kobe was smelling a low-pressure gas leak, nearly a month after the gas company repaired a leak in her home.

Chanell Bell using a gas detection device on the hole her husky dog dug in the front yard of her Philadelphia home. Chanell Bell

She quickly called Philadelphia Gas Works (PGW), which was able to repair the low-pressure service line. Throughout the repairs, the crew praised Kobe.

@thatgoodnewsgirl

Kobe the hero husky saved his whole neighborhood block from a potentially disastrous situation right before Christmas. 🐕 Kobe the dog wouldn’t stop digging holes in the yard, which was out of character for him. So Chanell started investigating, and it’s a good thing she did. Thanks to Kobe’s determination and the trust Chanell had in her dog, their neighborhood is now safe. 📸 Chanell Bell #dog #husky #huskiesoftiktok #huskies #huskydog #dogsoftiktok #dogtok #herodog #goodnews #positivecontent #dailygoodnews

♬ original sound – jenn💜 good news & fun stories

Bell decided to share her story on social media. Soon, several shares snowballed into news articles. Eventually, she was notified by PETA, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, that Kobe would be the recipient of a Heroic Dog Award.

“He truly is one,” said Bell.

“If it wasn’t detected and the gas continued to leak into our homes,” Bell told SWNS. “We were told it could’ve caused serious health effects like respiratory issues, brain damage, and even death. They told me that something as simple as a light switch turning on could’ve caused an explosion, too!”

Related Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *